What is Amethyst in Minecraft?: The amethyst cluster block itself in any of its growth stages (rather than its amethyst shard drops) can be obtained by mining it with any pickaxe with the Silk Touch enchantment. When mined using any other tool with the Silk Touch enchantment, it drops nothing.
When mined without Silk Touch or broken by being pushed off an attached block by a piston or sticky piston, only fully grown amethyst clusters drop amethyst shards, while amethyst buds drop nothing. Breaking an amethyst cluster with a pickaxe drops 4 shards while any other method of breaking it yields 2 shards. The maximum amount of amethyst shards dropped can be increased with Fortune; Fortune I gives a 1⁄3 chance for 8 shards (averaging 5.33 shards), Fortune II gives a 25% chance (each) to give 8 or 12 shards (averaging 7 shards), and Fortune III gives a 20% chance (each) to give 8, 12, or 16 shards (averaging 8.8 shards). These are the same percentage increases as ores (except Redstone ore, ancient debris, and gilded Blackstone).
Types of Amethyst Generation
Amethyst buds and clusters generate naturally as part of amethyst geodes on the sides of budding amethysts. Unlike other ores, Amethyst buds generate in a round, compact room that simulates an Amethyst geode.
Every random game tick there is a 20% chance for a budding amethyst block to spawn a small amethyst bud on any of its sides, as long as the block is replaced with the small amethyst bud is air or a water source block.
Amethyst is a relatively simple mineral to mine in Minecraft. It is possible to mine amethyst clusters with a pickaxe; however, in order to obtain all of the materials, it is necessary to use a pickaxe that has the silk touch enchantment on it.
How to mine Amethyst in Minecraft 1.17
If Amethyst is mined with a fist or a pickaxe that has not been enchanted with silk touch, only two shards will drop from it, and the player will have wasted their time and resources mining it. Only fully grown Amethyst clusters will drop Amethyst shards, and only when they are fully grown. If players mine it too early, before it has fully developed, they will receive nothing as a reward.
- When breaking an Amethyst cluster with a pickaxe that has been enchanted with silk touch, players can obtain up to four shards. Those who place their fortune on the pickaxe, on the other hand, will be able to gain more shards from the cluster.
- When used in conjunction with the fortune enchantment, a player can receive a maximum of 16 shards when using a pickaxe that has been fully enchanted with the fortune enchantment and silk touch. In the game, Amethyst can be quite resourceful.
- Amethyst can be used as a light source by the players. Because the material is so bright, it can be used as an excellent back-up light source in the game if the player does not have access to another source of illumination.
- Approximately 5 light levels are produced by amethyst. The amount of light provided here is insignificant when compared to lava, which has a light level of 15, and torches, which have a light level of 14. Players, on the other hand, can use Amethyst for light if they don’t have any other options.
- Players were also introduced to telescopes as part of the 1.17 update. Amethyst can also be used as a crafting ingredient in the new telescopes (skyglasses) that have been added to Minecraft.
- Obtaining an Amethyst shard, as well as two copper ores, is required in order to craft a telescope, which is also a newly added block in the game as part of the 1.17 update.
Thanks for Reading.